The Online school is a theoretical and practical introduction to Network science. Students will learn the basic concepts and methods to analyze and understand complex networks, starting with the fundamentals of network science, and culminating with the latest applications in infrastructure resilience, physiological networks and the microbiome.
The school brings together some of the current leaders in the field, all part of the Bar-Ilan Network Science Center team. Students will learn about the universal language describing social, biological and technological systems:
- Basic applications of graph theory to modern scientific challenges.
- What makes networks robust and resilient.
- How to model interdependencies between networks.
- How do information (and epidemics) spread in complex networks.
- State-of-the-art applications from brain to power systems.